February 2, 2017
- Funding for the various free after-school programs is threatened
- We will be collecting information various programs in Lanark County that help people on lower incomes, and will be reaching out to the Perth Community Foundation who are undertaking a Vitality Indicators project.
- The Community Asset Mapping will be considering institutional (formal), associational (informal), and personal relationships and assets. Register and be part of the day on March 1st!
- The LCPC delegation to the ARC#4 was really well received, and Kevin and Fraser made a great presentation. Next dates include the February 15 staff report and recommendations to Board of Trustees; Feb 22 – Board of Trustees meeting; March 2 – delegations to Special Meeting of the Board of Trustees (schools that remain on the list after the staff report ); March 23 – special meeting Board of Trustees to make final decision
January 5, 2017
- The Poverty issue, especially as it relates to Basic Income, is very passionately supported by members of LCPC, and we would really like to see the working group reactivated.
- We will send a letter to Accommodation Review Committee re UCDSB school closures and will ask to appear as a delegation at the Jan. 30 public meeting. Erin, Kara, Fraser, Kevin and Jane will work on the presentation
- We have the opportunity to create our own future for the Planning Council and need to take the time, with all partners in attendance, to plan forward.
- The Community Issue Working Group has been really busy, working on TRC, school closures, basic income, and anti-racism anti-oppression
- Jane and Erin do a lot of work!
- If anyone is interested in office/program space in Smiths Falls, others are also looking and would like to explore shared space. Please contact Kevin Clouthier (email@example.com ) if you would like to plan in partnership with others.