In Lanark County, we are on traditional unceded Algonquin First Nation territory. More information about the territory can be found here
In Lanark County, we turn to our neighbours in Ottawa or Kingston to help us when we need aboriginal resources, as they are linked below.
Meegwetch- thank you
Aboriginal Resources Quick Reference – for specific programs and services available to Aboriginal children, youth and families of Lanark County
- Makonsag Aboriginal Head Start – Early Childhood Education for Aboriginal Children
- Minwaashin Lodge – Violence Against Aboriginal Women Programs and Services
- Odawa Native Friendship Centre – Cultural Centre, Programs and Services for all Aboriginal People
- Ottawa Inuit Children’s Centre – Centre that serves Inuit Children 0-13 and their Families
- Tungasuvvingat Inuit – Cultural Centre, Programs and Services for Inuit
- Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health – Clinic, Programs and Mental Health Services for all Aboriginal People
- Algonquins of Pikwakanagan – Programs, services, news and events for Pikwàkanagàn of the Bonnechere River and Golden Lake in Renfrew County, Ontario
- Ardoch Algonquin First Nation – Information, news and events for Algonquin of the Mississippi, Madawaska, Rideau, and Tay watersheds.
This unique community resource includes listings of Indigenous services, community-based groups and events with particular attention to services for young children and their families. The Guide was developed for people with Native Ancestry and for service providers who work with Indigenous families and children, and is organized by geographic area. Corrections or changes to the Guide can be submitted to Kate Brant at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 613-354-8937 (land line) or 613-391-7130 (cell). Hard copies and PDF version of the Guide are available upon request. Contact Judith Moses at email@example.com or 613-542-7255.
Ontario’s Aboriginal Education Strategy is helping First Nation, Métis and Inuit students achieve their full potential.
The strategy includes initiatives that support learning and achievement for Aboriginal students. It also helps raise awareness about First Nation, Métis and Inuit cultures, histories and perspectives in all Ontario classrooms.