Key Messages Apr 6, 2017
- Check your organization/program listing on 211 for complete taxonomy, or contact Michel.Fournier@cominfo-ottawa.org or 613-683-5400 x5508 for assistance
- Don’t forget to register for the planning day next Wednesday: https://planningforwardlcpc.eventbrite.ca (we need to give numbers to caterer on Monday)
- Please complete the pre-planning day survey, even if you can’t attend the planning day: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YFH8PC2
- The Vital Signs report will be great – “Go Team, Go”
- We need to stay on top of the pupil accommodation review, and will invite Susan Edwards and Donaleen Hawes to a future meeting to discuss Lanark County schools and community partnerships
- We have an emerging issue of northern indigenous kids being placed in area group homes without culturally appropriate support services available – the community issues will consider the issue and report back
Key Messages Mar 2, 2017
- Planning Forward session, facilitated by Christine Peringer, is scheduled on April 12 from 9-1:00 with location tbd
- We will send a letter of thanks to UCDSB Trustees, and offer our support for work on Pupil Accommodation Review in coming year
- We want to be part of the Vital Signs Index being developed for Lanark County by Perth Community Foundation
- We previewed and the new video produced by Nature4Life endorsing outdoor play, and love the idea of the Map Sacks
- The work of the Transit Advisory Committee is timely and important, and we want to have some input via the reps chosen
- We will be inviting someone from 211 to come to LCPC to talk about their taxonomy
Key Messages Feb 2, 2017
- Funding for the various free after-school programs is threatened
- We will be collecting information various programs in Lanark County that help people on lower incomes, and will be reaching out to the Perth Community Foundation who are undertaking a Vitality Indicators project
- The Community Asset Mapping will be considering institutional (formal), associational (informal), and personal relationships and assets. Register and be part of the day on March 1st! https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/community-asset-mapping-in-lanark-county-becoming-community-navigators-tickets-30331002846?
- The LCPC delegation to the ARC#4 was really well received, and Kevin and Fraser made a great presentation. Next dates include the February 15 staff report and recommendations to Board of Trustees; Feb 22 – Board of Trustees meeting; March 2 – delegations to Special Meeting of the Board of Trustees (schools that remain on the list after the staff report ); March 23 – special meeting Board of Trustees to make final decision
Key Messages Jan 5, 2017
- The Poverty issue, especially as it relates to Basic Income, is very passionately supported by members of LCPC, and we would really like to see the working group reactivated.
- We will send a letter to Accommodation Review Committee re UCDSB school closures and will ask to appear as a delegation at the Jan. 30 public meeting. Erin, Kara, Fraser, Kevin and Jane will work on the presentation
- We have the opportunity to create our own future for the Planning Council and need to take the time, with all partners in attendance, to plan forward.
- The Community Issue Working Group has been really busy, working on TRC, school closures, basic income, and anti-racism anti-oppression
- Jane and Erin do a lot of work!
- If anyone is interested in office/program space in Smiths Falls, others are also looking and would like to explore shared space. Please contact Kevin Clouthier (email@example.com ) if you would like to plan in partnership with others.