Key Messages 2017

Key Messages Mar 2, 2017

  1. Planning Forward session, facilitated by Christine Peringer, is scheduled on April 12 from 9-1:00 with location tbd
  2. We will send a letter of thanks to UCDSB Trustees, and offer our support for work on Pupil Accommodation Review in coming year
  3. We want to be part of the Vital Signs Index being developed for Lanark County by Perth Community Foundation
  4. We previewed and the new video produced by Nature4Life endorsing outdoor play, and love the idea of the Map Sacks
  5. The work of the Transit Advisory Committee is timely and important, and we want to have some input via the reps chosen
  6. We will be inviting someone from 211 to come to LCPC to talk about their taxonomy

Key Messages Feb 2, 2017

  1. Funding for the various free after-school programs is threatened
  2. We will be collecting information various programs in Lanark County that help people on lower incomes, and will be reaching out to the Perth Community Foundation who are undertaking a Vitality Indicators project
  3. The Community Asset Mapping will be considering institutional (formal), associational (informal), and personal relationships and assets.  Register and be part of the day on March 1st!  https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/community-asset-mapping-in-lanark-county-becoming-community-navigators-tickets-30331002846?
  4. The LCPC delegation to the ARC#4 was really well received, and Kevin and Fraser made a great presentation.  Next dates include the February 15 staff report and recommendations to Board of Trustees; Feb 22 – Board of Trustees meeting; March 2 – delegations to Special Meeting of the Board of Trustees (schools that remain on the list after the staff report ); March 23 – special meeting Board of Trustees to make final decision

Key Messages Jan 5, 2017

  1. The Poverty issue, especially as it relates to Basic Income, is very passionately supported by members of LCPC, and we would really like to see the working group reactivated.
  2. We will send a letter to Accommodation Review Committee re UCDSB school closures and will ask to appear as a delegation at the Jan. 30 public meeting.  Erin, Kara, Fraser, Kevin and Jane will work on the presentation
  3. We have the opportunity to create our own future for the Planning Council and need to take the time, with all partners in attendance, to plan forward.
  4. The Community Issue Working Group has been really busy, working on TRC, school closures, basic income, and anti-racism anti-oppression
  5. Jane and Erin do a lot of work!
  6. If anyone is interested in office/program space in Smiths Falls, others are also looking and would like to explore shared space.  Please contact Kevin Clouthier (kclouthier@opendoors.on.ca ) if you would like to plan in partnership with others.