Only 26 days until kids go back to school!
Are you shopping for backpacks for the new school year? KidsHealth has provided these tips:
As practical as they are, backpacks can strain muscles and joints and cause back pain if they’re too heavy or used incorrectly (like being worn over one shoulder instead of both).
Look for a backpack that has:
• lighter weight construction (a canvas backpack weighs less than a leather one, for instance)
• two wide, padded shoulder straps (narrow straps can dig into shoulders)
• a padded back, which increases comfort and protects kid…s from being poked by sharp edges (of pencils, rulers, notebooks, etc.) inside the pack
• a waist belt, which helps distribute weight evenly across the body
• multiple compartments, which also help distribute weight evenly